Friday, July 13, 2007

Poison Control...AGAIN !!!!

Yes, you read it.... that was our excitement for the day. You know, Tyler is 7 years old and I never had to call Poison Control because of anything he had gotten into. Tanner, on the other hand is 2 1/2 and today was the 4Th time I have had to call Poison Control. I made the mistake of going to brush my teeth and get dressed, and left Tanner alone for a few minutes. I knew when I walked out of the room and it was so quiet that something wasn't right. I knew he was in his room, so I entered to find him standing on the rocking chair eating Triple Paste Medicated Ointment, for diaper rash. His dresser, hands, and mouth were covered and he was saying " mmmmmm, good". So, I immediately turned the bottle over and read the precautions that said " Keep out of reach of children" ( my first mistake). If swallowed, get medical help or contact Poison Control right away. OK, the phrasing that they chose to put on this bottle, needless to say had me a bit worried.JD was at Six Flags with Tyler and I am thinking we are going to have to go to the hospital......... So, as I dialed the number, I was thinking "oh my, I hope they don't have record of the other 3 times I have called"haha Well, needless to say the guy was very nice and just said to give him a drink to rinse his mouth, he also said that the more he ate the more upset his stomach will be. I guess, we will see as the day goes, and how much diarrhea I have to clean, as to how much he actually ingested. I wish I had a picture of it, but I was actually worried to the point this time, that I didn't run for the camera. I am wondering if he thinks there is a problem with the dresser, because he has covered it in Vaseline, Ointment(twice) and powder.
Tanner is still not sleeping all night, the one night was a fluke or something ! So, prayers for sleep, for all of us would be good right now. I have hidden all of the things that he can get into, but I am sure he will find something, he always does :)

3 comments:

Rachel Maples said...

OH MY GOSH...okay I know it's a very serious thing, but I have to admit I'm laughing a little. :o)~ It cares me a little about what's to come, but at least I know I can call you when these moments acure...I'm glad he's okay though.....I'll be happy to juice up your blog, we'll talk after we get moved to NY. Love you girl!

Jennifer and Michael said...

I totally understand since Isabella has sprayed room deodorizer in Micah's face, She sprayed linen spray in her own eyes, she sprayed room freshener under her armpits to "make herself smell better", Isabella put superglue in her mouth, Micah almost chocked to death on a nickel when he was 18 mo old, Aria drank stain remover, and ate triple antibiotic ointment just yesterday. Between poison control and the ER...well quite frankly as I write it I think we should have our children taken away from us. I must be a horrible mom. And to think we are condsidering adding more to our crazy family. Love you!!!

Andi and Michael said...

I am laughing out loud! That is so Tanner. Oh, Kimmie, what are we going to do with him? I am glad to know that he is okay. I'll be praying for you some continuous nights of sleep. Hugs!