Friday, April 11, 2008

Bitter Sweet !

Bittersweet refers to a combination of the standard tastes of sweetness and bitterness, and is often used as a metaphor for experiences which have elements of both happiness and sadness.

Well, this week has been very bittersweet for me. I found out for sure, that one of my best friends(which is my sister in law), and family are moving. I have known for quite some time that it was a possibility, but of course I was in denial. I have tried to help them get the house ready this week to put it on the market, I didn't think it would be so hard. We have been so blessed to have such great friends within our own family.
While I am very excited for Michael to have the cool job and to be going in the direction that he has wanted so badly, I am also very sad. It is really hard to be so sad yet happy at the same time. Not only is my best friend moving, but JD's best friend (his brother) and Tyler's best friend (his cousin). Tanner will also feel it, because he is very attached to all of them. So, needless to say there will be a very big void in our lives. We will not see them every Sunday morning at church smiling, singing , or playing guitar, nor will we get to have our Sunday lunches together at Taco Bueno, Dickeys or Chilis. I will not have my friend to hang out with on weekdays, to do coffee with, to do bible study with or just to call and say "hey lets go eat lunch". Nor will I have my friend that says " get out of your slump and get dressed, you and the kids meet at the pool now" !!
Tyler will not have his best friend Carson to talk to at church, to come over after church and play or to have sleepovers. JD will will not have his best friend to go to cool concerts with, ride motorcycles with, or to have him help paint or whatever else guys do together.
We will not have our rock that we call and say " hey we are on our way to the emergency room, we need you", or " I am sick and I have no bread and milk, can you bring me some"
or "we need a date night, can you watch the kids".
It is bittersweet because we love them so much and we are so close. As sad as we are, we support them 110%. I am so impressed to see that they are stepping out there and trusting God to lead them, they know this is where God wants them, their Faith is unshakable. I am excited that they are happy and that it will be a wonderful new world for them, a great adventure. They get to live in sunny California, where there are beautiful flowers, mountains, beaches, Disneyland and etc. But, it is like Tyler asked me last week, "but Mom, how can I be happy for them when I am so sad"?
So, I figured now that the cat is out of the bag , I will blog about it. I have to write it down somewhere, just to get it out. I think that I have almost run out of tears this week. Although I am sure I will replenish in time to start over next week. Please say a prayer for Micheal, Andi and especially the kids, that this transition will go as easy as possible. Also pray for everyone to have a safe trip as we move furniture, drive and fly to get there. Oh and dont forget me...... please pray that I can continue to support my friend in a positive way, and that God gives me the strength I need to be here without them !!!!
There was onr positive aspect to this week, watch for next post.

PS- pray that their house in Rockwall sells and QUICK !

4 comments:

The Craftypigs said...

My sweet friends. I'm sorry you're hurting. I know what's it like to have your very best friend move away. I've experienced this twice in my life. Both times I found it hard to breathe when I tried to imagine what life was going to be like. Then, not once but three time I have moved away from my friends and felt another kind of pain. I have no words to help except that I understand how you feel. I can promise that I will do whatever necessary to help take care of them when they get here. I know that this transition has no words to describe it because it's all new for everyone. The only thing you can say with confidence is God is in control and thus whatever pain and happiness that you're going through He's there and will not leave you. I wish you were coming too. I wish we could bring the yas back together. I wish we all lived on the same street. In my happiness of them coming, my heart breaks for you and JD and the boys. I love you.

Brad and Tammy said...

Although I don't understand your pain to even a tenth of a degree, I am sad too to be losing friends. It is always hard to say goodbye to the ones we care about. I will pray for you and the whole family as you prepare for the move. If it is God's will only good can come of it.

Rachel Maples said...

It sucks Kim and that's just the way it is. I'm proud of you for letting yourself be vulnerable and share your heart with us. I know no one can replace Andi in your world or Michael in JD's world but you are so very loved by many here and you're not alone and you can always lean on us when you need anything, I mean anything....maybe Celeste wish will come true someday and all you guys (the ya's) will live on the same street and grow old together....

Andi and Michael said...

Kimmie, I am going to miss you terribly. You know you can hit me any time you want :-) I've been in your shoes - just last year as a matter of fact - so I know exactly what this feels like. We will have to have Tuesday morning "coffee talks" each week and lots of trips back and forth. I love you, girl!