Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Crumrine House Rules

How many times a day do we tell our children to be nice, respectful, honest, dont hit your brother( or sister), we dont say that word, we have to love each other, quit arguing, dont hit your brother just because he hit you. How many times a day do we kick ourselves because we werent as patient, loving, kind, peaceful, or as gentle as we should be or that we had no self control. Andi and I are doing a Beth Moore bible study every Tuesday, " Living Beyond Yourself" , Exploring The Fruit of the Spirit. I will tell you that I LOVE Beth Moore, but I have to be in the mood to really do some homeowork when we start. I was pretty down when we started, just dreading all of the work. I will have to say to you that four weeks into it now, I am amazed. I am amazed at what I am learning, I am amazed at what I am teaching my children and I am mostly amazed at the slow transformation of ME !! I have never been so excited to sit down with my workbook and bible, as I have been the last three weeks. I cant wait to see what the next video, workbook page or scripture says to me. I know with all of my heart that it is not me doing this work, it is definitely the Holy Spirit working thru me and working on me. I came across a passage in 1Peter, in week 2, that kind of made me have a lightbulb moment. I thought "well how perfect is that, there you have it". We try to make up "the house rules" well we always seem to change them, or leave something really important out. Of course the kids think we are just being mean by having all these rules. So, I see this passage and immediately thought, "this needs to be our house rules" How much more perfect can you get than this.( and for the kids to know that these are Gods rules, not just ours) So here it is......

CRUMRINE HOUSE RULES

Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another, be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.
Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. For,
“Whoever would love life and
see good days, must keep his tongue from evil and his lips from deceitful speech.
He must turn from evil and do good; he must seek peace and pursue it.
For the eyes of the Lord are in the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”
1Peter 3:8-12

1 comment:

Andi and Michael said...

Beloved (hehehe), I can't tell you how excited I am to know that you are enjoying this study. Just the simple fact that you are doing the homework is "beyond yourself" :-) I love the house rules thing and I plan on copying that for my house. Love you!