Thursday, August 28, 2008

Which end are you?

As I was doing some things round the house today I noticed a hammer. If you know Tanner at all you would know that he is absolutely fascinated with tools of any kind. So as we spot this hammer, he wants to pull it out and play with it, I am looking at it and I notice something.
Have you ever noticed that on one end a hammer "puts things together" and on the other end it "pulls things apart". How ironic is it that one item can do two drastically different things.
I was thinking about my walk with God when I looked at this hammer. On one end I have God, he is in my heart and soul, and in my walk with him I try very hard to let him "put things together".
On the other end, the enemy is working hard at "pulling things apart". I have felt like I was being Spiritually attacked for the last couple of weeks, and it is because of my unwavering Faith in God. For various reasons, late summer and early fall are a bad time for me, I tend to spiral a little. I decided this year that I wasn't going to let Satan "pull me apart". Instead I am choosing to let God "put me together"
I have also thought of it this way. In my family, do I "put things together" or "pull things apart"? I think lately I have really been trying to put things together, but when I let Satan get a hold of me, I start pulling things apart. Every time we yell at our kids or get in argument with our spouse, the enemy has won. I was asking God to show me a scripture that would speak to me and this is what I found. I pray that today you may be on the end of the hammer that "puts things together" at home, at work, with your friends and at church. I also have a new song that I am loving right now because it feels so good to sing it and let Satan know I am standing firm on the word of God. Here is a link to the video
Natalie Grant " I Will Not Be Moved" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyEMJBhCtU8
Ephesians 6:10-11
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes.

2 comments:

Andi and Michael said...

That is an awesome post! I really like the analogy of the hammer. I find it so totally cool that you are growing in your faith and making positive changes for you and your family.

Alisa said...

Great post Kim - thanks for sharing that! What a great way to look at things. I have been listening to that song daily too - LOVE IT!