Monday, August 25, 2008

Tyler's first Day of school- 3rd Grade !

Tyler was very anxious last night and began to worry about the first day of school. He usually does this every year, but is ok when he gets there. Yes I know he is just like his Mommy, but that is a good thing :) He worried and cried a little, he was worried about the work and how much harder it would be this year. I reminded him that they do not start doing work on the first day or even the first week for that matter. I also reminded him that the gradually work up to the new stuff, starting with things he did in 2nd grade. He is an awesome straight A student, but he is a perfectionist and wants to do THE BEST on everything, so if he even thinks he may not do well it worries him. I often feel bad for the worry he carries about doing THE best. I know that he was designed by God and he was designed by him perfectly in his sight , and for a reason. He is strong willed, he is a leader, he is compassionate, he is sweet , he is tenderhearted, he is a servant, and he is most of all, himself, and that is what I love about him.
I trust that God will help him adapt to this part of his personality and help him work thru it. I also reminded him that God is there with him all day to handle his worries and problems for him, so that he doesn't have to. I put a note in his lunch box, as I do everyday, but I wrote his scripture on it. It is the very first scripture he memorized at age 4, and who knew we would need this one so much for this little man. Anytime he starts to get worried or discouraged we say, I CAN... he will smile and finish the rest.
" I can do all things thru Him who gives me strength"
Philippians 4:13.



I walked him to his classroom as he requested:) He put his bag down and went straight to his desk. I asked him if I could take a picture and begrudgingly he said " yes" so I did. Then I walked over to tell him bye and asked " can I give you a hug and kiss or not" He looked at me very sweetly and said " NOT" Then he whispered " but I will give you lots of them when I get home" So Tanner and I walked out and I looked back at my sweet boy sitting at his desk looking so big. I am so very proud him !

2 comments:

Jennifer and Michael said...

Sweet sweet boy! And your a great momma to remind your baby of all the things that will bring him comfort. And how sweet of him to follow up with "i will give you lots when I get home". I prays he has a great day and that our perfectionist children (Isabella is mine) will learn to allow that to be a strength in their lives and not carried to an extreme creating a weakness. Thank you for sharing.

Andi and Michael said...

I am glad he started his day off to a great start. I love that he told you he would give you lots of hugs when he gets home :-)