Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday!


We had a very busy week! On Christmas eve we went to JD's parents to have Christmas with his family. It was so great to see Michael,Andi and the kids and get to spend time with them. Ma and Aunt Jiffer wrote and directed the "Christmas production". We have one every year, the kids always do some sort of play or song. It was so funny this year, all about pigs, mainly a rocker biker pig.
On Christmas day we stayed home and opened presents. The boys got a lot of cool stuff and had a blast hanging out and just playing with their new toys.
We went to my Mom's on the 26Th to do Christmas with that side of the family. Of course the week ended with lots of presents, TOO MANY presents. Sometimes I am almost embarrassed by the amount of stuff our kids receive over the holidays. I honestly cant tell you where I am going to put it all. We are very blessed and I am glad that they have such wonderful family, that are so loving and giving.


Saturday we ended the week with an early Birthday party for Tanner. His Birthday is January 5, but we wanted to celebrate with all the family that was in town, instead of waiting.
So, of course he got more stuff.... I am not sure the poor Boy even knows what all he got for Christmas and Birthday. I am hoping I can hide a few things and pull them out over the next few months so he gets to enjoy all of it.


I tried to remind the kids, as always, that Christmas is not all about what they want and what they get. I want them to always remember that the only reason we celebrate Christmas is because our Savior, Jesus Christ was given to us as a gift. God gave him life on that day, only to eventually send him to die on the cross for our sins. We have the most amazing gift anyone could ever ask for, Jesus and eternal life. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and that you all feel as blessed as we do now, to have been given the best gift ever!

2 comments:

eleventhirtysix images said...

Your boys are the *perfect* combination of you and JD. It's like you and JD in a blender, poured into two glasses, and one glass got a little more of one flavor, the other - the other. And those PJ's are awesome.

I'm glad you guys got to visit with family. :o)

Andi and Michael said...

It was lots of fun and a busy week. Thanks for sharing it with us!