Friday, November 21, 2008

Things I learned this week...........

1. Being sick for 5 days and having a 3 year old sick for 5 days with you, IS NOT FUN!
2. There is not enough to do in 1 house for 5 days straight, with a 3 year old while you are sick.
3. A 103.7 fever is scary, no matter what the Dr. says.
4. Rapid strep test can be negative if it is just starting
5. Dr.'s aren't always right :-)
6. You can have strep throat, a stomach virus and a bad cold all at once.
7. Kids can have a sinus infection, viral infection and a stomach virus all at once
8. One can never have enough pull ups and wipes on hand when your 3 year old has water butt!
9. Water Butt, should be a symptom and a real word in the dictionary.
10. It's hard to tell your 3 year old he can only eat applesauce or crackers when he is crying
and hungry.
11. You CAN get sick of bread and crackers and have too much Sprite.
12. I have a wonderful husband that took over my job as Mom in the evenings.
13. I Thank God for Mucinex Full Force Nasal Spray, antibiotics, cough medicine and Motrin.
14. The BRAT diet sucks !
15. You actually can get tired from laying around on the couch being tired.
16. You can watch too many cartoons and soap opera's.
17. Daytime TV sucks !
18. It is hard to take care of sick little person when your whole body is in pain and you just want
to curl up in a ball do nothing.
19. Patience runs very thin when Mommy is sick and Tanner is sick but being himself :)
20. I learned to love Hot Tea
21. As much as I wanted to have a break form the world and rest... I AM DONE !!!!
22. You can get sick of the smell of Germ X and Lysol.
23. I am lucky to have good friends that prayed for me and checked on me all week.
24. Making your husband leave to go on a already planned trip for deer hunting, when he felt
so bad about leaving us, is worth it. He got a deer this morning!
25. 5 days at home makes you feel like a hermit
26. I don't understand how God knew we would have to do all of these things as a Mother and
designed us perfectly enough to handle it all. He is Amazing !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Water Butt!!! You're killin' me!!

JD said...

Gotta see the deer - let's have a pic of JD and his prize. Hope you're better!

The Craftypigs said...

With regard to #9 "Water Butt", Colin calls it "Poop Juice". It is a very real term for us.

Andi and Michael said...

Water Butt - still a term that makes me laugh!

Wish I was there to help take care of you. Hope you are feeling better today.

Hugs!

Parenting God's Kids said...

I am so sorry that ya'll have been sick. Hope everyone is feeling better. I loved your last sentence. It is amazing how God created moms who can handle anything. You are doing a great job!!!!

Brad and Tammy said...

Ahh Mucinex. It is a beautiful thing! And you are right..daytime TV sucks! Hope you are feeling better

Emily Thornton said...

I prefer the term "peeing out your backside". But water butt works too!! You crack me up! HILARIOUS! So srry to laugh at your pain!