Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Tanner and God !

Conversation between Tanner and I yesterday driving home from running errands, during a
thunderstorm ...................... ( Tanner thinks thunder is the sound of God bowling)

Tanner- " What was that, did you hear that"
Kim- "Yes I did , what do you think it was"
Tanner- " Its God and Jesus in the clouds, they are bowling"
Kim- " Yes they sure are"
Tanner- " why"
Kim- " because they love to bowl"
Tanner- "wwhhhhyyy"
Kim- " they just do"

We get home and I am trying to get Tanner to sleep for his nap...............................

Tanner- " God is STILL bowling"
Kim- " yes he is, maybe he was doing really well and wanted to play again"
Tanner" why"
Kim- " because he wanted to play, go to sleep???? "
Tanner- " mumble mumble mumble"
Kim- " what "
Tanner" I said stupid God"
Kim- " we do not say stupid and we surely don't call God that"
Tanner- " I said stupid God cause he wont stop bowling and I trying to go to sleep"
Kim- " I SAID we do not say stupid (it was kind of funny that he was mad, chuckle under
breath) or call God that, its OK he will stop just go to sleep"
Tanner- " mumble mumble mumble" ( I wonder what he said)

So I guess my explanation of thunder has backfired, because instead of Tanner not being scared of the sound, he is calling God stupid because he wont quit.

FYI- EVERYTHING is stupid to Tanner, it is his new favorite word, Stupid car, stupid bike, stupid shirt, stupid stupid, stupid plate, stupid shoe, stupid TV, stupid tractor, stupid stupidy......... PBS and Nick Jr are just about the only ones who don't include that in their shows. Everyone else in every show says it at some point about something, kind of hard to break him?????

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sort of goes well with him wanting to "punch Baby Jesus" last year....

Andi and Michael said...

Sometimes only the word stupid fits the situation. In Tanner's case, it always fits the situation. Stupid situation. :-)

Kim and JD said...

For the record that is JD commenting and yes we were reading a book about the Christmas Story and Tanner said " I punch Baby Jesus" and hit the book. Only Tanner :)
Yes Andi I agree !!!

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job explaining...and so did Tanner.

You just both have a very different perspective on things.

He's going to reach for the handiest words he knows...it would be "just stupid" (sorry) for him not to.